13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Wednesday 14 March 2007

Wednesday Week 7 (Early weigh day)

Today started as a good day, I have consumed all my water and its been a busy but nice day at work. That has all changed tonight.
I have been to see my counsellor for my weekly weigh in (one day early due to work commitments) and I only lost 3lb!! Yes 3 measly pounds, Whats happened, my week has been identical to all the others, a little exercise, drunk all my water, not bunged up in the bowels department. So why is it so different this week??
I was a little disheartened at this result after having such huge losses up to now. My wife lost 4lb, yes she beat me this week, which is fine but... why only 3lb????
I have checked and yes my ketostix still shows a nice rosy pink colour, I haven't cheated. Maybe its my muscles building where I have been on the bike lol, not likely not used it enough!
I am hoping for a vast improvement next week (will be 8 days before next weigh in) I will be returning to my regular Thursday spot.
I am still very focused though, I wont be falling off the wagon over this minor glitch, I will continue strong

My quote of the day is a rather apt poem titled Don't Quit, enjoy

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
when he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow, (This line applies to me!)
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst, that
You Must Not Quit.

C. W. Longenecker

No comments: