13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Friday 16 March 2007

Friday Week 7

Hi Everyone,
I feel much better now about my small weight loss this week. I know I will do better next week!

I could not post last night as I had to work late and did not arrive home until gone 10.30 only to be back at work again today by 0700 so I figured it was best to sleep rather than blog!

I have had a good couple of days, yesterday I was in a situation for work where I would have probably grazed during most of the day then grabbed a Chinese takeaway on the way home, that was in my former life... not anymore I didn't even feel tempted, I had taken a 5 litre bottle of water with me and 3 meal packs, and I ate / drank the lot during the long day and didn't feel at all tempted or hungry.
Today the day passed so quickly I almost forgot to have my "lunch"(a banana tetra) not even the weekly bun run cakes bothered me this week, I finally remembered to have my tetra at about 3pm! I hope its still this easy when I eventually come off the diet and return to a form of sensible eating, anyway that's a long way off in fact its still 10 stone 10 lb away. What a mammoth journey I still have ahead of me, will be interesting as the warm weather arrives and the BBQ comes out, will temptation get the better of me.... NO!

It has become somewhat of a tradition for a few of us from work to head out for the evening on St. Patricks day for a good helping of Guinness, I have had to decline the celebrations this year but I know it is for the best for my long term health. On the subject of Guinness, they recently brought out a limited edition Guinness Marmite, Our local Tesco stocked it for about 1 week and that was it all gone, Well since I am a lover of the black stuff (Guinness that is) I looked at the use by date and it was mid 2008, so I bought one jar which is now sitting proudly unopened in my cupboard awaiting opening day. I have been told by a colleague that these limited edition jars of Marmite have now been selling on EBay for up to £9 a jar!! I wont be selling mine, it's waiting for me to indulge!

No comments: