13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Sunday 25 March 2007

Sunday Week 8

Today marks the end of my eighth week on this diet and the sun has been shining, the clocks have changed overnight and we are on our way to summer, Yippee. I love the longer evenings!

I decided today to take my Little one to the cinema, he had seen adverts for the film "Meet The Robinsons" and would shriek each time he saw it on a bus shelter advertising board. I have not been to the cinema for probably over a year. "Who made the seats bigger??" I actually fitted in comfortably, I even purchased popcorn & hot dogs for the kids without temptation. When we left the cinema we decided to pop into the retail outlet village situated next to it, however en-route we had to walk past many different restaurants including Chicago Rock Cafe, Pizza Express & a Chinese buffet restaurant all emitting their own very distinctive smells. These smells did tempt me, I guess a lack of water along with these smells made me really fancy one of these delights! Of course I resisted.
Once in the retail outlet village I looked around all the brand name outlet shops, I fell in love with loads of clothes but did not purchase any. I have lots of ideas of things I would like to buy once slim. I am really looking forward to being able to buy nice clothes, a luxury I have never really had.
We sat in the Sun outside Coffee Republic I had a black americano coffee whilst my daughter had a full fat hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows, followed by a pain-au-chocolat. I just took advantage of the sunshine whilst watching the world go by. One difference today though, I was able to sit in the cafe chair without holding my weight on my feet, before dieting I would feel the legs of these metal chairs trying to splay open at the weight being imposed on the seat. I would have perched and taken most of the weight on my on my own feet. This was always uncomfortable and not at all relaxing, Today was different !! :-)

Quote of the day: Keep Moving Forward
Walt Disney's Meet The Robinsons

No comments: