13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Tuesday 20 March 2007

Tuesday Week 8

Today I have been on a training course all day, well I say all day, I still popped into the office at 0700 to check my emails and answer a couple of queries. This was also enough time for me gulp a pint of cold water, on top of the one I had at home before leaving. So far so good, Had an hour in a colleagues car to get to the course venue so daren't drink anymore for fear of having to embarrassingly ask for a wee stop! I took with me a 1.5 litre bottle of spring water and a peanut bar. I took the bar rather than the tetra as warm tetra really does nothing for me (yuck). During the day I drunk my 1.5 Litres and another 2 x 0.5 litre bottles provided by the venue, so that made me a total consumption by 6pm of 2.5litres and 2 pints by my reckoning that equates to a tad over 7 pints!! not bad considering I thought it might be difficult. I have now increased that consumption to 9 pints for the day. I feel good, I achieved 90% in an exam at the end of day 1 on the course and can't wait for day 2& 3.
At lunch time all the other delegates disappeared into an adjoining room to our "classroom" and consumed copious amounts of cold buffet, I popped my head in to ensure I kept up with any networking and successfully resisted what looked like a gorgeous spread.
Upon returning home on what has been a cold, icy, snowy day I walked through the door to a smell of homemade chicken casserole, it smelt like a lovely hearty meal.... I made do with a tomato soup with extra 2 teaspoons of crushed chillies, well that certainly warmed my cockles!

Quote of the day: A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit.
Author Unknown

No comments: