13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Wednesday 7 March 2007

Wednesday Week 6

Today I have realised that the whole nation seems obsessed with weight be it too big or too small, every day the papers and magazines are full of it. Last night I watched a programme on ITV3 about a lady deliberately trying to slim from a UK 10 to US size zero (UK 4) this lady went through hell trying to slim down in 8 weeks, then tonight there is another programme on with Louise Redknapp trying to do the same thing. My NTL homepage has a story about a lady who lives just a few miles up the road from me in Chelmsford and currently weighs 42 stone. She must lose at least 12 stone before the NHS will allow her to have a gastric band fitted. Someone tell her about the Cambridge Diet.
Everywhere you look there is a story of sorts relating to weight.. we are either obsessed by it as a nation or it is the fault of the media whipping up a frenzy. Is it really news??

This evening I have been to watch an inter office football match (which our office won 14 - 5) the social Secretary has threatened to put me on the team in October when I have lost a load of this weight.! sport! Me??? spectating has always been my idea of fun.
Weigh in tomorrow night and I am eagerly awaiting this weeks results. I have drunk at least 8 pints of water so far today and will have at least another before bed.

Quote of the day: The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
Benjamin Mays

No comments: