13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Monday 26 March 2007

Monday Week 9

Been a lovely bright day today, loads of sunshine, gave me the "feel good" factor, this along with a nice lighter evening has made today a good day.
I have drunk 10 pints of water and my mouth still feels like the bottom of a birdcage and my breath smells even worse. I have just had my final meal of the day, half a tomato soup and half a cranberry bar (my wife had the other halves) this way we get to have only one meal allowance but with some variety.
This evening I collected my little one from his after school club on the push bike and tow along. The kids were all playing in the playground as I arrived. "there's my daddy" I hear from a distance as he bounds over with a look of glee. He loves going on the bike and its great exercise for us both.
We have all had a little more exercise tonight, I have today taken delivery of a Nintendo Wii games console. Now I am not a gamer, the kids own a playstation that is on its last legs but I never play it. I saw the Wii and loved the idea of it, the controller is motion sensitive with no wires and you basically stand in your lounge and look foolish to anyone walking by, punching into mid air with this plastic controller similar in size to a TV remote, must look mad to those not in the know. Well the whole thing certainly gets you moving about twisting, turning, swinging your arms etc. It even puts up a warning at the beginning to make sure no-one is nearby for fear of whacking them! its great fun that the whole family have loved playing tonight. Its gaming but not like previous consoles where you just sit on the sofa peering at the screen with wires trailing. I even read an article when oap's are using one in a care home!

I have today had my weight chart out to look where I currently fall in the fat category, well I have gone from being off the scale when I commenced the diet to still within the "VERY FAT" section I need to be below 20 stone to fall into the "FAT" section which then goes down to 15 and 1/4 stone. From 15 and 1/4 down to 12 and 1/2 I will be classed as "OVERWEIGHT" To be in the "OK" section I need to be somewhere between 9 and 1/4 and 12 and 1/2 stone. That's the reason I wish to go down to 11 stone, then allow for glycogen to reform and will probably gain a stone so I can sit comfortably at 12 Stone and still be "OK"
I have had loads of people noticing my weight loss today, probably because I did not see most colleagues for 4 days last week since I was on my course & leave.
Just downsized on my trousers down now to 48" waist, the 50's were just too baggy now!
So onwards I go with my marathon loss, 10 stone to go (much to the disgust of some of my colleagues who feel I will then be too thin!)

Quote of the day: Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another
John Dewey

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Alan,
Glad things are going well for you. It's nice when people start to notice isn't it ? How is your wife getting on with it ?
Anne-Marie