13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Sunday 18 March 2007

Sunday Week 7

Well today has been a mixed bag weather wise, bright warm sunshine one minute and heavy rain or snow the next.
The day started abruptly with the noise of kids waking each other up to come and wish mum a happy Mothers Day. My daughter who is 15 brought in two big bunches of flowers and said she had tried to find some long date chocolate that would keep until the diet was over!! Bless her.

I did not have much planned for the day, a trip to the loft to put away bags of too big clothes. Is that wrong to keep them? should I have ceremoniously burnt them or something? Well at £60 for a pair of trousers and similar amounts for shirts you have got to be joking!! Its not that I have put them away for "growing into" merely did not want to waste them / my money.

We headed off on the bikes to visit my mum with her Mothers day card and present, full of good intention that we would continue after our visit on another bike trek. Blimey the wind nearly knocked me for six, then down came the first shower of sleet. There was no way my wife or little one were up to going anywhere else except straight back home.
In one of the bright blue sky periods this afternoon we spent an hour in our hot tub, it was lovely, a bracing cold wind, bright blue sky and 40 degree water.
Tonight I have cooked a roast beef dinner for the kids, the beef looked lovely, no veins of fat and succulently pink, I would have loved a slice or two of that. However I have drunk at least 8 pints of water today and had not long before serving the beef had a soup and cranberry bar, I was well and truly stuffed so didn't want it anyway!!
Off now for an evening by the TV / reading whilst listening to the wind howling.

Quote of the day: The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!
Marvin Phillips

No comments: