13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Saturday 3 March 2007

Saturday Week 5

I did not post anything yesterday (Friday), however it was a good day. I had a different colleague say to me "have you lost weight?" I like it when people start to notice, it helps my motivation and makes me feel good.
I had a task to carry out on Friday, a colleague of mine had a days leave, but...... and this is a big BUT, it was her turn to buy the cakes for the office bun run, She had left me in charge of her money with instructions to buy all the cakes!! I headed off to Sainsburys and toured each aisle in the bakery section. It is customary to buy a good selection of cakes (healthy options would go down like a lead balloon). I filled the basket with loads of delicacies, fresh cream cakes, doughnuts, flapjacks, chocolate brownies & hot cross buns. I took the brimming basket to the checkout where the lady asked "is it your Birthday?" No, and I proceeded to explain our bun run club. I didn't tell her about my abstinence from the food as she would probably have thought I was mad. I think this could have been to much temptation for some, not for me though, I remained strong and determined (and not mad!).

Today I have done the food shopping (I do enjoy shopping even if I can't eat!) and taken my little one to a Birthday party. Other than that it has been a relaxing day apart from my skipping stint. My wife and I headed out to the patio ropes in hand and gave it another bash. I can now do 30 odd jumps without tangling my feet. I have to stop after 30 something as I am nearly keeled over dying ( I stop for a minute or so then start again). How un-fit am I!

Just thought I would mention my wife's weight loss this week as a couple of people have asked. She only lost 3lb this week, however it that time of the month when a lady gets fluid retention! She was a little disappointed, however she knows in her own mind that she has not cheated at all and hopefully next week will be a great improvement.

No comments: