13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Saturday 17 March 2007

Saturday Week 7

Been making the most of the nice weather today before it turns bitterly cold again (according to forecasters) I have done a few little outdoor jobs, and we have been out on the bikes again, this time it was a 30 minute ride, myself with little one in tow on his trail along and my wife on her bike. We had a pleasant ride and I do not appear to be getting the same excruciating pain at the top of my legs anymore, I used to be in agony when riding a bike, just shows that 54lb weight loss must be helping.
I have not been tempted by food today, even whilst doing the weekly food shop, When we go to the shop we go armed with a comprehensive list made up from those items that have already run out / or on last one, and requirements for the forthcoming weeks menu... and that is it... no deviating for goodies etc. This method helps 1) stop wastage (been in news lately about amount of food Brits buy then throw away) 2) stops me getting tempted by things en-route 3) keeps my mind focused on the task in hand and helps to whizz around the store.

I have had a few comments on my weight loss recently, yesterday I saw a colleague who had returned from three weeks leave and she was amazed at the difference in me. I have also had comments from a few others at work, Thanks Guys!!
Today I went to see my mother & father in law. The first time I have seen them in about 10 weeks, ie before I commenced dieting.. they said they could see a real difference, but hoped I did not just put it all back on again. Not this time.. it will not be going back on!!

No comments: