13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Monday 12 March 2007

Monday Week 7

Today marked the start of week 7 on this great diet. (great because of my weight loss and how easy it is)
It was a glorious day warm with plenty of sunshine. I actually felt good walking around outside wearing only a shirt (I did have trousers on!! I meant no coat, Dirty Mind!) For the last few summers I have been too embarrassed to take off my coat, even on hot days I wore a lightweight jacket. This made it easier to conceal the rotundness of my belly. Today was different I was proud to be wearing my smaller trousers and shirt and walked along full of confidence. Imagine what I will feel like come July / August!!

I have been out on the bike again tonight to collect my little one from his after school club, he loved being picked up on his tag along trailer bike, and its healthier!

I have managed to drink plenty of water, now upto 9 pints today. On this subject I am about to start reading another book (I am only a casual reader, not an avid one!) A former Lighter life counsellor recommended this book to me in light of the amount of water we are drinking each day whilst on this diet, The book is:Your Body's Many Cries For Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj 2002
synopsis: The author, an Iranian, studied medicine at St. Mary’s Hospital, London and then went on to practice in Tehran. Whilst there he was imprisoned for two and a half years (due to his religion). This was the time he discovered the healing powers of plain water.The pressures of living in such squalid conditions caused much stress and ill health to all, and as there were no medications allowed, water was the only aid available to help alleviate some of the pain. Dr Batmanghelidj studied how just this commodity helped some of the prisoners. On his release he researched this in more detail and discovered how cures and easing of pain could be achieved through the simple use of water.
I will let you know any startling facts that I find whilst reading it

Quote of the day: Let your head be more than a funnel to your stomach.
German Proverb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, haven't you done so fantastically well, I hope you are proud. Keep up the good work, your before and current photos are fabulous. Well done.