13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Sunday 4 March 2007

Sunday Week 5

Sunday, the last day of the fifth week of this amazing diet. I feel like I have come so far in such a short period of time. Just fitting into clothes that were previously too tight is an amazing feeling. Things in the bedroom department are also fantastic, probably a combination of mine and my wife's losses makes things much more enjoyable for us both!! ooh err.

Went for a walk along the seafront this morning with the kids, unfortunately we walked so far the little one was in no state for the return journey, even tried the bribery of a few amusements on the pier but not a chance. It then started to rain, so I with my eldest decided to have a very brisk walk back to the car (25min's almost jogging in the rain!) then drive down to collect the others. However the brisk walk probably done me some good, combined with salty sea air I felt good (I love that smell of fresh sea air)
Cooked the kids a nice roast dinner, peeling that crispy chicken skin off and discarding it was hard, I could have just munched my way through the whole thing, I had not drunk enough water this morning which didn't help with this craving. I settled for an oriental chili soup and a pint of water, it hit just the right spot, honest!
Whilst serving the kids dinner the wife and I done something previously unheard of in our house........... we threw away a roast potato, fresh, golden, glistening, straight out of the oven! The kids had enough on their plate, any more would have been just for the sake of it. At this point in the past the potato would have formed (part of)my aperitif, whilst stood at the worktop dishing up. Not anymore, we are becoming stricter and more health / nutrition aware (It was hard though!!)
I have now caught up on the water and have had my daily allowance of soup, bars and shakes. Bring on week 6.

1 comment:

cd said...

Hi

Thanks for the kind message; it's a longish story but I'm going to try 1000kcal for 3 weeks, then do 790kcal and then get back onto SS. I'm impatient but I think I have to do it this way, at least for now.

Keep in touch, I'll keep coming to check your progress too!

Good luck!