13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Monday 12 February 2007

Monday Week 3

Well here we are at the start of week 3,
The last 2 weeks started off hard then got easier, now I don't really feel hunger at all, just psychological hunger when I see or smell nice food.
I put on my work trousers today and had to pull the belt in a notch and the material across my large bum was not pulled so tight so as to burst open at any time. However I must not lose sight of the fact that these trousers are still a 54" waist!! they don't sell them in Burtons!
Two colleagues commented on my face this morning, as soon as they saw me after the weekend break, they said that they could see a real difference... picture coming soon.

I have always been fat, as a kid I was the fat kid in the class, called all the names under the sun, in fact they were like water off a ducks back and really never bothered me. I cant blame anyone for my size except myself, I Just love my food & wine. My main problems are portion size and snacking. I would regularly have 6-8 roast potatoes with a roast or a Takeaway Indian would consist of starters, yes plural! then rice and at least 3 meat in sauce dishes, and a nice naan or similar.
My wife would always comment when she spotted me snacking on something, whilst stood at the food cupboard looking for something to eat. For example whilst deciding what I fancied in my sandwich for tea I would consume a Kit Kat that was sat there in front of me, just whilst waiting for inspiration as to what to have for my real meal, the Kit Kat didn't count!

I was surprised today when I got got on my own scales, since this evening is the end of my second full week I decided to have a look, for once in a long time the needle was just about back on the scale. My scales have markings up to about 23 1/2 stone (when I started they went past zero and back up towards 2 stone)
I also have pulled out some slightly smaller jeans as the larger ones were a bit baggy (They were purchased not long before starting the diet and did have some more growing room in them).

I have started to run up the stairs at work and feel full of energy at the moment albeit a bit cold, now I am in ketosis my body feels cold, especially hands and feet (This is normal)
Have to go now and have my last shake for the day with some more fizzy water.. joy!

No comments: