13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Sunday 11 February 2007

Sunday Week 2

A glorious day today, one of those winters days that is crisp but has glorious sunshine.
We took full advantage and headed off to Frinton to walk along the beach. Armed with a rucksack filled with water bottles to keep up with the mammoth intake required.
Of course food had been on the agenda before leaving, I cooked up some croissants for the kids breakfast mmmm lovely smell with lashings of butter, then prepared vegetables for their roast later. I had a chocolate flavoured shake!

My wife has commented that she can see some changes in me, my face is a little slimmer and my belly has gone down a bit, I know it still hangs down but its not as rounded apparently. I still don't feel its enough to post a "current" picture yet, I'll wait another week or so.

When I woke up this morning I thought it was going to be a day confined to the toilet! I had the runs, however they seemed to pass. This may have be down to the amount of water I consumed yesterday, several pints over the required amount including a treat last night I had Pellegrino fizzy water in a wine glass just to try and kid myself! (no its not the same as wine)

I have also today tried some "sweets" no I haven't succumbed, I chopped up a Cambridge malt toffee meal bar into very thin slices and froze them (A trick I picked up from another blog) These frozen delights make for chewy eating and with about 20 of them to chew on it was a nice treat, They tasted ok, I will buy some more bars next week. Meanwhile the kids had roast pork with crackling!! .. yes I wanted some.

Just added some new bits to the right of this blog, A section for links to web pages that may be of interest to anyone thinking of embarking on this diet and another section with a couple of other blogs in that I have come across whilst looking at forums. Well worth a look.

On the downside I came across an article where a lady had died last year on a very low calorie diet (VLCD) she was using lighterlife. It has not deterred me though, I shall visit my doctor regularly and am determined to be thin!

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=dead--33st-matilda-who-lost-10st-in-6-months-on-crash-diet-of-500-calories-a-day&method=full&objectid=18046775&siteid=62484-name_page.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The weekends are hard, aint they? and yes the weekly shop nearly does me in every week too. You are doing so well, keep it up.