13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 8 February 2007

Day 11 Weigh Day

Well I have had a good day today anticipating tonight's result. I cant wait any more I need to write it 5lbs lost this week, I am most pleased with this and that little car has started to move!!
It was worth refusing the free food being given out at work today, as a result of the bad weather a training course was cancelled and it was too late to cancel the catering this was being dished out freely around the office "no thank you" were the hardest words I spoke today.
Since it was cold today I felt a little hungry, this may be an association thing that I probably have my mum to blame for (Hi Mum) I seem to recall cold weather meant a nice bowl of soup and sandwiches and a nice steamed pudding after dinner.
Several times today I had to endure walking past the "bun run" in the office, I would have normally picked something up every time I walked past it! Doughnuts, flapjacks, apple pies, shortbread and a token few apples that no one eats until tomorrow when everything else has gone.
My counsellor was pleased with my result, I peed on the ketostix and it turned a nice rosy pink, proving that I am burning fat not lean tissue and that I have not been scoffing for the last week. I have restocked my supplies for the next week with such delights as butterscotch flavoured shake. I'll let you know what it tastes like...
My wife never lost as much as me (3lb) so she is a little disheartened. I am going now to give her some moral support.
Oh and thanks to those people who have commented, its great to know people are reading this diary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on your weight loss, i knew you'd do great, i only lose about 3-4lbs a week so tell your wife she's done really well and men always lose faster than women (that might make her feel better).

Keep fighting the fight and i'll look in to see how you both are getting on.

Jules

Anonymous said...

Well done on your weight loss. I started at the same weight as you 9 months ago and have now lost 13 stone. Keep it up it is well worth it.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

What an amazing loss you have had already. Well done. You seem really focused and the time will quickly fly by.
As already said men do lose weight quicker than men so your wife is doing fab with her loss this week. The forums are a great source of support and I use them often. I started at 25st 5lbs and I now have two stone left to lose. It's amazing how quickly the weight falls off.
Good luck to both you and your wife and I shall check back regularly.

Hayley

Anonymous said...

Well done on your weight loss!!!

Your flying it already!!!

Love Mini xxx