13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Tuesday 27 February 2007

Tuesday Week 5

Today for the first time in ages I actually felt hungry, it was probably too little water consumption. I had a fairly hectic morning at work (not helped by a colleague taking time off to go to the Dominican Republic!! hope she feels guilty if she reads this from a PC on holiday!)
I was rushing around and did not drink enough water so I had my lunch "shake" at about 1130 to make me feel better.
An hour later I ventured into the staff kitchen mmmmmm someone had been cooking toast, that smell just lingered in my nostrils for what seemed to be an eternity quick, more water!!

Things improved in the afternoon and I felt much better.
Within 5 minutes of arriving home my wife had a nice spicy tomato soup (with extra added dried chillies) ready for me I really enjoyed that. I am really impressed with the variety of flavours available on the Cambridge diet, there is something for everyone, bars, shakes, soups and ready made cartons (tetras) I like to alternate to have a mix of flavours and sweet / savoury it kind of feels like you are actually having a meal (not that I am normally hungry)
I still have terrible bad ketosis breath (a small price to pay for the weight loss) I have taken to using mouthwash and scraping my furry tongue all with limited success.

The kids had a homemade chicken casserole for dinner tonight with brown rice, they did moan, "urgh there's peppers in it" Or "I don't like mushrooms" well take it or leave it that was dinner. They will eat if hungry. My youngest one is having a wholemeal pitta in his packed lunch and thinks its great, no butter just filled with ham and lettuce, it may be the novelty of having a pitta pocket. Hopefully he will keep up the enthusiasm for healthy eating.

No comments: