13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Sunday 25 February 2007

Saturday Week 4

Had to take my son into Town today for his acting lesson, this left 1.5 hours for my wife and I to walk around the shops, browsing the clothes that one day I will be able to fit into and at very reasonable prices. I could buy designer clothes for the prices I have been forced to pay recently.
As we walked through the market stalls there were two distinct smells that caught my nose. These smells seemed to waft through the whole market, cooked onions from the hot dog stall and freshly baked doughnuts. Normally any of these would have been enough to make me succumb to a little "snack between meals"
We headed into Starbucks and done some people watching, just looking how big other people are, what our ideal size might be. My wife was asking "am I as big as her?" whilst whiling away the time we both had black americanos instead of our usual cappuccino, mocha or latte.
This little change in choice of drink makes a big difference in calories, 17 calories in the americano as opposed to 400 - 500 in our usual choice of drink, who would believe that one drink could have been a quarter of my recommended daily intake! oh..... almost forgot a nice slice of their carrot cake with the drink, just to keep me going adds another 600 calories!!
I was quite happy with my shakes, soup and a cranberry bar, though the water consumption did cause a few visits to public toilets (I know where they all are now!!)

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Alan - you are really doing great. Thanks for your comment on my blog - didn't know anyone else was reading it ! Blogging is pretty new to me but I do post on the minimins site regularly and find it really useful.