13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Sunday 25 February 2007

Sunday Week 4

It's Sunday afternoon and another weekend is nearly over, it has been an easy day for me today with no great desire for food. I have drunk plenty of water and "eaten" my soup (vegetable today). I have been cooking roast lamb and veg for the kids and it does smell lovely, however I do not have any great desire to eat it.
I think that my sense of smell has increased (especially when food is involved!) I could sniff out a cake cooking from a mile away. I live close to a supermarket bakery and the smell wafts into my garden (Hot cross buns must be selling well because I keep smelling them)
I walked around the shop today to pick up a few bits we missed on Friday and the food does not bother me, I remain focused on my target and feel great! I have even been looking at holidays for when we are slim. I didn't dare book a flight at my starting weight for the fear of embarrassment of not fitting in the seat / belt too small.

Whilst online today I came across this diet poem I thought I would share...

Another diet we're about to endure,
but this time we'll do it, of that we are sure.
We've tried all the others without much success,
but this is the one to get into THAT dress!

For years we've tried hard to lose excess weight,
and we now have the answer to looking just great.
For us no more 'chips' or 'Big Mac' on a whim,
we want to look good and we'd love to be slim.

We joined all the clubs where we'd regularly meet,
but when we read all the can't haves we'd go home and 'greet'
They said don't have this and they said don't have that,
so we'd paid all that money just for a chat!

We all have a wardrobe from size 12 up to 20,
and big,baggy jumpers of which there are plenty.
A drawer of small undies is a dream we all know,
so those big ugly knickers really must go!

With time passing quickly and teenage years gone,
we have no more excuses to rely upon,
The one about 'puppy fat' ran out long ago,
so this time it's business, let's give it a go!

On the subject of chips and Big Macs I have been calorie counting again..
This time I have looked at my typical McDonalds meal that I would have consumed as a lunch, certainly not as my main dinner for the day.
Quarter pounder with cheese 550 calories
Large fries 450 calories
Large Strawberry milkshake 762 calories
McFlurry Ice cream desert 560 calories

This little lot equates to 2322 calories, or about a days recommended allowance, now that's "food for thought"

No comments: