13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Tuesday 6 February 2007

Day 9

Well today was just a normal Tuesday really. Woke up and had a black coffee, still missing proper tea.
At work more people are starting to ask why I am not drinking milk in my tea or coffee.
I have therefore taken the decision to share this blog with some of them, as much as I am ashamed of that starting picture; however that was the old me, I am now focused and committed to get rid of this huge excess. (Hi to any colleagues reading this)

Another colleague collected my Tetra Brik (small carton of pre-made milkshake convenient to use at work) from the fridge "are you supposed to have 2 of these" she said "theres not enough in there to fill you up" I explained that I just do not feel hungry. I take my "shakes" at regular intervals more like medicine than food. I don't think of them as meals, just essentials to help me remain healthy whilst on this diet.

I have had 2 occasions when I fancied eating today, the first was at work when a smell wafted down my nose. Don't know what the smell was but it made me think of cheese and onion sandwiches and boy did I want one of them! Secondly the kids dinner was cooking and smelt delicious I could have eaten a mouthful or two.... I decided it was best for me to get away from the smells so took myself off to the hot tub to have a relaxing soak. I feel great again now.

I have started reading a book by Dr Alan Howard the founder of the Cambridge Diet, do you think that's sad? well it only cost 30p second hand so I figured it was worth a read. Anyway its full of interesting bits but one bit that I am going to share talks about some of the effects of losing the weight. Apart from the medical facts etc I found it interesting reading about how the diet had affected peoples marriages and how sometimes people actually intentionally put the weight back on.
The lady who had always been fat all her life lost loads of weight on the Cambridge diet suddenly started to receive male attention, at 39 this was not something she was used to. She had gone from being the fat person who people never gave a second look, to a beautiful attractive lady who easily turned heads and received what she deemed unwanted male attention. As a result she returned to over eating to intentionally stop this attention.

Another story was about a lady who had again been big for most of her life, she was married to Mr Normal and she was happy enough. This lady lost a lot of weight and felt good about herself, she gained confidence she had not previously known... and loved it. Why had she married Mr Normal? "just because he was the first man to show her some attention" and "the best she could get at the time" but now a new lease of life had been unleashed and the marriage crumbled.

Thankfully my wife and I are both doing the diet and we have seen each other thin in the past and were still happy with each other!

No comments: