13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Monday 23 April 2007

Monday Week 13

So that was another weekend over so quickly, which now puts me onto my 13th week of the diet. 13 weeks with no food at all, just my meal replacement shakes and bars and gallons of water (at least 672 pints in the last 12 weeks!!) but I feel great! I am loving the feeling of being slimmer, I did not feel bad before dieting but just losing this amount makes me feel great rather than just good.

Over the weekend we spoke with a friend who just did not seem to be able to get her head around the fact that we are not eating at all, even after explaining the diet she said "but you still eat an evening meal right?" NO (she is blonde!)
I have not found one person yet that thinks they could do this diet, loads and loads of people want / need to lose weight but not one person I have spoken to feels they could do it. I explain that I just don't feel hungry but they are not convinced that they would not cheat. I suppose this is similar to me when people like my doctor and mother were saying I should lose some weight but I had to be ready and in the right frame of mind, then and only then was I committed to take on this diet, take the bull by the horns and see this through to the end.

My wife and I have been looking at slimming world recipes, my counsellor says we need to think about how we will eat a healthy lifestyle, once coming off the Cambridge diet and maintenance steps. Slimming world really appeals, very little measuring and if you feel hungry there are plenty of free choices to fill up on. We are both very determined to make this work and keep the weight off. I have mentioned in the past that we have now switched to a healthier menu and food choices for the kids. Well we are now going to start trying them on things like Quorn "chicken" in their homemade chicken casserole to see if they notice in preparation for red and green choices on the slimming world plan.
I know we are a long way off getting to target yet, however we want to be ready when we get there with a plan all ready to implement without causing too much disruption to what the kids are used to. I think I will be on the Cambridge Sole Source programme until the end of September, then starting to move through the stages of maintenance / food introduction. When I get some time I intend playing with excel to try and produce a spreadsheet that I can enter my weekly weight losses into and it then calculates an average loss and expected time to goal weight updated weekly based on the previous entries and changing average loss. I will keep you informed if i am successful!

No comments: