13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Wednesday 30 May 2007

Wednesday Week 18

This may be a short post, the new season of Big Brother is due to start imminently and I will have to go and watch it as soon as it starts!!

Today has been a day of mental torture.... We have been for a day trip to France, we left home at 0545 and have just got back (about 8 ish). The best news is my 5yr old was not travel sick, best part of 2 hours each way to Dover in the car and believe me that is a miracle. At the weekend we only went as far as the town centre (2.5 miles) and he was green around the gills and needed to hold a sick bowl, so today we packed him full of pills, ginger biscuits and pressure point bands and no sickness, he even felt fine on the boat.

So on to my mental torture.. well what does a day trip to France normally consist of, well probably some cooked breakfast on the ferry, then on to purchasing copious amounts of beer and wine and.... Milka chocolate bars, Toblerones, french bread, croissants including pain au chocolate, fine cheeses, strawberry tarts and not forgetting to stop for a lunch of 100's of moules with frittes (mussells and chips) ahh the good old days!!

Today we went really so my little one could experience the ferry, he wanted to go on a boat so we took him for a day out. We purchased just 4 cases of beer that my eldest is likely to consume prior to me finishing CD, 6 bottles of wine that mother in law had ordered, 6 pain au chocolate (2 each for 3 kids) and 3 Milka chocolate bars (1 each for 3 kids) are you getting the picture here??? ..... I have nothing to show for my visit!!! the smells from the bakery, the fresh produce, 100's of cheeses I left them all in the shop but just could not resist the temptation to walk around the hypermaket and shops admiring all those goodies... hence mental torture!!
We even sat and ate CD bars at the restaurant where the kids were consuming lunch! So all in all a great day was had, only done about 3 pints of water though!!
ooops its now 2058 , 2 mins until BB, Bye....

1 comment:

BigJohn2007 said...

Hope you enjoyed your trip.
Interested to here how your nxt weigh in goes. I had my first WI last night and lost 17lbs. :-o

I have been getting tingling sensations in hands/feet past couple of days. Have u had any problems like this ?