13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Monday 14 May 2007

Monday Week 16

Starting today the sixteenth week of abstinence, no food has passed my mouth for the last 15 weeks except my daily packet powder meals and a "Cambridge bar". However it has been sooo worth it, I feel on top of the world. I have drunk 10 pints (about 5 litres) of water today and had all my meals so that's it just a fizzy water between now and bed!

Over the weekend I sorted out a load of my too big clothes, which now far out way the number I have left to shrink into. I have put more bin bags full of oversize clothing into the loft. I have said before I cannot bear to throw them out, they were too expensive!! I do not have any intention of needing them again though!
When sorting the clothes I put on one of my suits that I was wearing last at Christmas just before commencing my diet. Well if you could have seen it!! in true diet style tradition I was able to stand with both my legs in one of the trouser legs. It was ginormous, It shocked me just how big it was and to think I was only wearing it early January this year! I refrained from taking any photos of me in the big suit, I will save that occasion until the end of my journey. I have kept the suit in my wardrobe as a reminder, all other big clothes have now gone out of sight!
My wife also has a similar problem, she has an interview on Friday and is half way between sizes at the moment, too tight or looking like a tent!! (Its just an excuse to go and buy a different outfit I think!)
I am now starting to get comments of disbelief at the amount I still wish to lose (6 stone) "don't go too thin" "you don't need to lose that much" " you are fine now" I just chuckle when people say it, If they saw my belly they would not be saying it!! Roll on the next few months and to a slimmer me at the end of summer!

No comments: