13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Monday 28 May 2007

Monday Week 18

Well I have had my Birthday (now I am 34!!) and it was an ok type of day, the weather did not help. We were stuck indoors for most of it with very heavy rain and generally yuck and cold! I would have loved to have gone to one of the events happening locally that probably ended up being a washout.

I got something for my Birthday that is only of any use to me since losing so much weight.... I was given a flying lesson!!! I asked my wife if she had taken out life insurance in my name at the same time but she assures me that was not her motive, Do they provide parachutes??? The maximum weight for doing this activity is 18 stone, however I will probably wait until the summer when hopefully I will be under 16 stone and fit comfortably into the planes seat

What else did I have.... cufflinks, some money, some cinema vouchers, membership to a photography club & some aftershave, so all in all I did pretty well. Thanks to all my family for their kind thoughts. I went out and spent the money by putting it towards a DAB Radio / CD /MP3 bedside alarm... Its cool!!

The cufflinks came in a triangular box just like Toblerone, Well all my family know that Toblerone is my favourite chocolate and there is not usually a Birthday or Christmas that passes without me getting at least one as a present. Well my daughter obviously knows I am on a diet, what is she doing buying me a toblerone I thought?? Well I smiled when I opened it to reveal a nice pair of cufflinks.

The day was strange in that I could not eat, I know I have not eaten now for 17 weeks but I would have definitely been out to a restaurant for a nice meal. Instead I survived on clear orange jelly and tomato soup!!

I have today lived on flavoured water (made much weaker than the instructions on the tub) and a choc-mint shake made into blamanche with mix a mousse along with tomato soup and a peanut bar.
I went to see my parents who have arrived back from Canada (I managed to keep the plants alive!!) I have not seen them for 2 weeks and they were amazed at how my wife and I looked, which is great
I have priced up the wood for making a gazebo over my hot tub (at my wife's request) and unfortunately it costs just a quarter of the price of the kit at the shop, guess that means I will be getting the job!!

No comments: