13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 28 June 2007

Thursday Week 22, weigh in

Wow wow wow, I have done it.... I have now lost just over 10 Stone ,I lost 4lb this week taking my total loss to 10 stone 1lb in 22 weeks, or to be more precise 5 months to the day, I started on 28 January 2007 and here we are exactly 5 months on and I look like a completely different man. I just cant imagine carrying around 10 stone extra, I know several people that weigh that amount, the thought of having them strapped to my body 24/7 seems impossible but it was true, the photos prove it!!

So while I am full of joy at hitting this milestone my wife is not at all happy, she has only lost 1lb this week. This is her third week of poor weight loss. Today she peed on a keto stix and discovered that she is not in ketosis, this probably explains it, she has been feeling a bit "on edge" and hungry that coupled with poor weight loss must be the answer. What is a mystery though is why??? she follows the diet sole sourcing strictly, she consumes 7 - 8 pints of water every day (no change since starting) she has 2 shakes and 1 orange bar each day and water flavouring for 50% of her drinks. She does not cheat and have a little midnight snack, the most she might have for an extra is one piece of frozen CD toffee bar (1 twelth of bar bar frozen as a little sweetie!) and maybe a splash of chocolate tetra in a coffee, no more than 1 fifth of a carton in a cup of coffee (makes a nice mocha) but all of this is not a new phenomenon, she has followed this pattern for months now with no problem, no fizzy drink, no mouthwash or sprays, no chewing gum and certainly no food!!.... any answers would be much appreciated.

Off now to watch BB

1 comment:

BigJohn2007 said...

Well done on your loss Alan, 10 stone is fantastic. What an achievement!

As for your wife I suggest she goes back to basics for one week and see if it helps. It may prove pointless but I would suggest consume only soups or satchets (no tetras or bars or water flavourings etc) and if possible increase water. I'm no expert on these matters but I would treat the next week for her as if it were her first. I'm not exactly sure why flavourings or a bar would stop ketosis although I did read in some cases the higher content of the bar can cause some people to come out of ketosis.
It must be worth a try at the very least.

Good luck to your wife and well done to you once again on a great loss.