13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 23 August 2007

Week 30 Weigh in results

Just jumped on my scales for my week 30 weigh in......... 4lb lost this week!!! (I must stress that this week and last weeks reading have been taken on my scales as my CDC is on holiday, my scales are usually +/- 1lb to what my CDC's usually show)

Wow I am now under the 13 stone mark!! just look at my little car in my ticker at the top of the page, its about to fall off the end!! I now have a BMI of 25.2 so very nearly healthy

I cannot believe I have lost 12 stone 9lb in such a short period of time.
This week has been a bit tough at times, I have been on leave from work, though not actually away on a holiday (could not bare going anywhere and not eating a morsel)
It always seems harder to drink the required amount of water when at home, probably because I have been busy doing things, its not always easy to drink the water. Don't get me wrong I have always drunk at least 10 pints each day, however this has sometimes consisted of up to 4 pints in one hour then nothing for several hours (I know this is wrong but I had to be practical! One of the places we have been this week is Legoland, well it started with a 3 hour motorway journey (should have been one and a half if no hold ups!!) How could I keep drinking and peeing whilst on the M25, then once in Legoland we had to queue for rides for anything between 45 min and 1 1/4 hours, again I could hardly reserve a spot in a zig-zag queue whilst I just nipped off to the WC could I !!!! Anyway I am happy to show a 4lb loss this week and hope this is reflected in my "official" weigh in with my CDC next week. I intend starting maintenance when I reach 12 stone 7lb and hope to lose the remaing 7lb on the maintenance steps (fingers crossed).
Back to the subject of Legoland.... well it was fantastic getting on all those rides, rides that previously I would not have fitted (adrenaline junkie here) It was a great feeling. I still really want to spend a couple of days at Alton Towers staying in the water park hotel and riding all the great roller coasters without feeling ashamed to swim at the hotel and being further embarrassed by being moved off a ride because the safety bars will not close!! For anyone who has not experienced this embarrassment it is difficult to tell you how it feels, you just sit on the ride at the head of the queue with 100's of people looking on and one attendant calls over another (already enough to cause people to glare over) when the second attendant arrives they both push, pull, squash and even kneel on the safety bar in an attempt to close it. "Its no good sir you will have to get off, sorry" you then exit the ride with your tail between your legs, by this time the whole of the other riders are looking on with anger as this has delayed the start of their enjoyment. You feel like you want the ground to open up (would need a bloody big cavern) and swallow you up. That experience happened to me twice and was enough to stop me going back to a theme park. .... I cant wait to go back!! maybe even Florida!! I wish....

I have been out regularly this week walking my pooch, come rain or shine (mostly rain this summer!!) I am really enjoying the exercise.
Today I have been on the second part of my course with free lunch again, aww this time it was huge baguettes with lovely fillings, kettle chips and double chocolate muffins!! I left the others to get on and eat whilst I drank a pint of water in the car park and phoned my wife to see how her day was going. Incidentally she lost 3lb this week according to our scales.
My wife is going to stop sole source at the same time as me, she will not have got as quite as low as she wanted but will have lost just over 8 stone and be wearing size 14 so is quite content to stop. She may stick on the 1000 plan stage when we go through the maintenance steps if that works for her so at least she can join me and the rest of the family for 3 meals a day whilst still losing the odd pound.
We have been doing loads of menu planning this week using the weight watchers points system to score a healthy 4 week rotating menu to use long term after I finish all the maintenance steps reintroducing food.
My wife cant believe that I can sit looking at recipe books for hours and be writing menus, yet not want to eat, it drives her mad just talking about food (she is suffering a bit at the moment with hunger pangs) I really enjoy it,
I want to be as in control of my future as I am now, I am very motivated to keep this weight off and very very focused at my goal. I have even modified a spreadsheet I found to calculate my daily points and chart my food diary using excel so I can keep on track and monitor my future!!

I am feeling so great being a slimmer man, I really want to stay this way... I have loved this journey and feel that I have learnt so much along the way
Best wishes to all fellow dieters either on their journey or just considering embarking on the Cambridge Diet.... Do it this diet is amazing!!!

I hope to appear in the CD magazine one day and have told Kerensa (CD PR lady)that I will happily "pose" for some photos / tell my story,if they would like me too of course!! I am hoping that I can be a real inspiration to many people in the future.
Best Wishes
Alan

2 comments:

Lesley said...

You should be a pin up boy for CD - you've done fantastically well and your wife too!

Like you I'm nearing the end of my journey - have only 7 lbs to go and don;t really need to lsoe that to be honest - am just doing it so taht I can say that I've reached my target!!

I can't wait to start my new healthy life.

Well done you - you deserve every adrenaline fueled ride you can slide your skinny butt into!!

Lesley x

Anonymous said...

Well done Alan, you are such an inspiration to all. Hope you enjoy the rest of your skinny life.