13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 16 August 2007

Thursday Week 29, What a week!!

Hi everyone,
Its been one of those weeks this week, been a bit busy, My daughter has gone away to the South of France on a school water sports holiday (lucky thing 29 degrees + where she is) My wife has been very hungry this week and has "cheated" slightly however only using Cambridge products. Sometimes she has 4 or 5 of the products as opposed to her normal 3, this has on occasions been 2 bars in one day. This has meant that she has not had a great week and has only shown a neutral week neither losing nor gaining any weight.
I have found myself feeling a little more hungry too, not sure if it is because I am menu planning for the future and thinking about food more. Maybe its just because the end is within my grasp now. I however have not cheated and have shown a 4lb weight loss this week!! This is fine considering that I am so close to my target, I have drunk loads of water and even survived going to a wedding and not eating anything from the wedding breakfast or evening buffet. This was not as hard as I thought it would be. I even sat and admired the food whilst I drank a bucket full of water and ate a cranberry bar. What I did find was that it was the people around me that had the problem, some of these other people felt a little uneasy eating in front of my wife and I, but we were cool with it!! I am so motivated to achieve my target!! Just look at my BMI its now 0.8 away from healthy status and starting to re-introduce food!!
Our weigh in this week has been based on my home scales, weighing at an identical time to my usual weigh-in with my CDC, however she is on holiday for a couple of weeks so we are checking ourselves (my home scales usually match my counsellors within +-1lb). It will be nice when I next see my counsellor to be at my healthy BMI. This means I need to lose another 7lb over the next 2 weeks to get myself down to a BMI of 24.9!!
I have been on a training course today (Day 1 of 17 of a day release Health and Safety course) There was a superb spread of food laid out at lunchtime, Pork pie, scotch egg, sausage rolls, various sandwiches, salad, cakes fruit and fruit juice... all very yummy!! I think people thought I was a bit odd when asked why I was not eating only for me to say "I am on a diet" since now I am thinner than a lot of other people!! Anyway I resisted the buffet, and the cakes and biscuits that appeared at each tea break, My life as a slim man is worth so much more to me!! I have another 16 weeks of those buffets to contend with!!!
Here's to another good week ahead, hopefully not too many more people are going to tell me to stop losing weight, I think I have told most people I know how much further I have to go and how I need to reach my target for my own self praise and I also feel that I need to get to a figure where I really feel I am at a point worth staying at!!
Hope to post soon, however I will be back definitely next Thursday at the latest (I may be busy again this week my puppy can go out and about from this weekend, I foresee lots of nice beach walks coming up!!)

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I know what you mean about carrying on until you've reached your target even though everyone else is saying "Stop!". I'm right there now - only 8lbs to go. I must say these ahve been the hardest to shift. Not because my body won't lose the weight but because of my urge to cheat which keeps setting me back a week. I've had a good week last week and a bad one this week!

Anyway - you stick it out - it's much the best way and WELL DONE!! for you fantastic achievement.

Lesley x