13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 9 August 2007

Thursday Week 28

Hi everyone I will start with my good news!! I have just been for my weigh in where this week I have shown a 9lb loss, that's more like it after last weeks unexplained blip. I have now successfully shed 12 stone 1lb in 28 weeks, yes just since the end of January this year!!

My CDC now has her CD slimmer of the year nomination forms and she cannot wait to nominate my wife and I. I would absolutely love to get shortlisted it would be the pinnacle at the end of my fantastic journey.
I am getting close now to a healthy BMI, I need to get to 12 stone 11lb to fall into the "Healthy" weight category this figure incidentally falls to the exact pound of where I become "half the man I was"!!! yes half of 25stone 8lb (starting weight) is 12 stone 11lb. How bizarre is it that these 2 figures are occurring at the same time. What an occasion that will be. I have not been classed as a healthy weight EVER!! of course I did once weigh 12 stone 11lb and under but at that time I was at school and still had a sky high BMI so to be classed as healthy will be a momentous occasion to me personally. I was always the "fat kid"

Thanks to everyone who left me comments / emailed me after my post last week and my suit photos (scroll down , they are amazing) The picture of two of us in the old trousers (56" waist) is me and my daughter (not my wife), she is only about 8.5 stone and 5'10 tall!! with an underweight BMI !! My wife is plodding on with sole source and has lost 7 and half stone in the same period as me. She does however look fantastic and will happily pose for a picture to be posted on here at the end of her journey (she wants to lose 10 stone in total)

I have had more and more people telling me to stop the diet and an increasing number of people enquiring about my health fearing that I have something seriously wrong with me.
I met a guy today who I have not seen since prior to Christmas and he just looked me up and down and said "how on earth have you done it?" gesticulating his hand up and down at my body in complete disbelief.

I am off to a wedding at the weekend "best wishes to Paul & Vikkie" the weather looks great however I will still be eating a CD bar and tetra in place of the lovely food planned!! it may be difficult!
My wife and I have noticed this week an increase in the feeling of hunger, I have drunk plenty of water and just put it down to the knowing that its getting close to the end. But my wife has a different theory, we have been having problems with our son (17 years old and a real Kevin & Perry) and she feels that the stress and anxiety has caused the feeling, she may be right. Its certainly another trigger to keep an eye out for once we have finished the diet and recognise the symptoms and take action should they occur in the future.

Hope everyone else is doing well with their diet journeys, keep up the good work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say don't let your son be the trigger for you to slip up, he's the one who will benefit from a fantastically fitter father who will be there for him for many years to come when he will look back on his teenage years and cringe! (I'm starting lighterlife and have been really encouraged by your success) Well done.