13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 19 July 2007

Thursday Week 25 18 stone lost between us!

Well that's another week flown by......

Only managed to lose 3lb this week!! could it be the extra mix-a-mousse that I had this week? Who knows. I have managed to consume plenty of water and still have either a peanut or cranberry bar daily with the remainder made up of tomato soup or chocolate tetra shake.

My body is now obviously needing less calories on a daily basis to survive since it is much smaller than the previous me! I don't mind as long as I can average a stone a month for the last bit of this journey then I will be happy.
My wife had a better week losing 5lb which she is pleased about, She deserved a better week after last weeks 1lb loss, she has however forfeited all bars, water flavouring and mix-a-mousse and is now surviving on just chocolate tetra and tomato soup. She is happy to continue on this basis so long as it works, losing a single pound did not help with her motivation.
The good news is that my wife has now lost an amazing 7 stone so between us today we had lost an amazing 18 stone exactly when we had our weigh in at lunchtime today.

So what else has happened this week? well I continue to get people telling me to stop and "you have lost too much now" etc however one new starter in our office agreed that I look just fine, this proves the point that it is just because people knew me as big Al and are just comparing the new small Al to the old image they have in their heads.

On Friday evening last week we had the school summer fair & BBQ, I traditionally carry out the role of BBQ chef, I continued to do the same role this year, cooking over 500 burgers and jumbo sausages it smelt wonderful. Not a single bit of this food passed my lips, this was quite a change in tradition for me as I would normally have eaten plenty of them not forgetting a good thick helping of cheese on top! Not to mention the copious amounts of wine that would normally have been drunk at the same time as cooking!

I have this week prepared a menu for my 8 weeks of food re-introduction (based on the yellow CD book) Never has half a chicken breast and a spoon of cabbage seemed so tempting. I used the guidelines in the book and bits taken from the forums to create a "tasty" varied menu for the 8 week period as I intend following it strictly to avoid initial weight gain. The reason for doing a menu is that I wish to be prepared for my future, I did not want to get to the start of my next phase and suddenly have to start thinking "what shall I eat tonight?" I am now fully prepared and will just need to ensure all the ingredients are available each week. Similarly I have now decided to follow Weight Watchers points system once I am out in the real world eating what I choose to eat. I like the idea that no food is forbidden it is just moderation and portion control, something I have had issue with in my previous life!
I have been around my kitchen cupboards with my points calculator working out what I can have and how much of a particular item is X points its been fun and I am looking forward to it.

I hope to be back and post soon,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are we going to see your latest photo. I'm sure you look a lot different from the last one in June.

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons to both of you on your wonderful weight loss!

Well done!

Love Mini xxx

Anonymous said...

I've learn some good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you place to make such a fantastic informative site.

My blog :: diet plans For women