13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 12 July 2007

Thursday Week 24 ooops a whole week since last posting

Hi everyone, well if anyone is still reading this after I have neglected to write anything for a whole week!! sorry, I have been very busy
I have been taking photos at unearthly hours like 4.50am sunrise shots for a project at my camera club, Its been school sports day, doesn't sound much except being on the PTA I had to organise run and bank for a refreshment stall with a healthy snack theme (went down like a lead balloon with school kids)
Its the Schools biggest annual event tomorrow, the summer fair & BBQ (fingers crossed for the weather) I have been buying bits, paying out money to others, sorting out floats. Then to top it all being a school governor I have had a lengthy meeting, also another shorter meeting with the Head on Sunday, Yes a Sunday and the Head was in the school, the reason for this... Ofsted had announced that they would be inspecting the school yesterday and today and I was asked to represent the board of governors in a meeting with the inspectors... nerves!! oh boy I had no idea what to expect, oh and not forgetting fitting in family life and a day job as well!! See I told you I have been busy.....

Now on to me and my diet!! I had the day off today to see those inspectors this morning so went for a lunchtime weigh in with my counsellor. Yippee another 6lb lost, I am getting towards my target now, 2 stone 11lb to go!! This may sound a lot of weight to some, many a person would only just be starting a diet if they were this heavy, but for me I have come such a long way 25 stone 8lb down to 14 stone 11lb is a personal WOW that I am so proud of, therefore 2 stone 11lb seems only a little bit to go in my eyes.

I have seen more people this week that I have not seen for many months and their jaw dropping expression painted a thousand words, they were all amazed at the new Alan, meanwhile those that see me regularly keep (annoyingly) telling me that I need to stop and I have lost enough now. This is clearly not true and I fully intend to continue. One person who has not seen me for months and months even thought that I had got cancer!!! very thin and a shaved head must be the reason!

I feel on top of the world, I am not feeling any problems with being on this very strict diet and love it, I recommend this plan to anyone who is committed to wanting to lose weight, though I do feel that you really do need to want to lose weight in your own mind.
I am still regularly drinking 10 pints of water a day and the more I drink the more I feel I need.
Off now to count more money for the summer fair!! hopefully it will not be a week until my next post however feel free to email me with the link on the right if you have any questions. Thank you to everyone who has sent me comments / messages of congratulations I hope that I continue to inspire others.
ooh nearly forgot, my counsellor asked today if we would be interested in appearing in the local paper as a story of the pair of us (Me and my wife) and on a down side my wife only lost 1lb this week, she feels like she has been in and out of ketosis this week even though she ditched the orange bars and has been having alternate day cranberry flavour. She is planning a week now without bars at all in an attempt to stay firmly in ketosis. I will let you know how she gets on.
really am going now....

2 comments:

Gruff said...

keep going Alan your quite the inspiration, im down from 20st to just under 16st myself and its nice to see another guy on this diet, seems a female dominated dieting world!

Guinea said...

Well done, the difference in you photos are staggering. Where you're going to lose another 2st 11lbs escapes me. Keep going and good luck.