13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Friday 9 November 2007

Week 41, 9 weeks of maintenance completed

Another good week all round for me, apart from one crazy thing I have done today......
I have entered myself into the Reading Half Marathon on 2 March 2008!!!
I have been running for a few weeks now and love the feeling I get from doing it.
I was always the "fat kid" and never dreamt of running, my teachers would rib me and I had no interest in any kind of exercise.
Well being brought up in Reading I thought it poignant to return to do the half marathon that as a kid I would always watch and cheer the competitors. I will return "home" for the weekend where I still have family and attempt the 13 mile route. I am currently doing about 5.5 miles in just under 1 hour three mornings a week and have a training plan to follow to get me up to fitness to complete the half marathon!!
Still enjoying my food, that is my wise choices of food that I am having now. I am eating loads of fruit and veg and making really healthy choices. I do not have a weigh in this week but can see no reason for any increase. I do however have two slightly indulgent meals ahead, one when we have the neighbours around followed the following lunchtime by mother in laws birthday meal. Both of theses meals will involve eating some "unhealthy" choices but I will be right back on track straight after.
So I have placed a new ticker on this blog counting down until my "marathon" and nearer the time I will setup a "just giving" website for sponsorship and I will be after all you readers of this blog to dig deep for a good cause (yet to be chosen)
See you all soon
Alan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How tall are you? You look like you've still got at least 2 stone to lose.

G'Pie said...

I think it's unbelievable that the anonymous comment left by someone here doesn't even mention the amazing 13st 4lb weight loss but instead needlessly comments on a small amount still to lose... pathetic, whoever you are you should be ashamed of yourself this man has faced and conquered a phenomenal challenge and should be praised not criticised!!! Jayne - Glasgow