13 Stone 4lb lost in 32 weeks, now slimmer of the year 2007 runner up

Thursday 22 November 2007

22 November 2007 12 Weeks of maintenance

Hi everyone, just dropping by to give you all a little update. I had my meeting last night with Chris the Cambridge Diet PR man concerning the forthcoming slimmer of the year awards and conference.
He spent nearly an hour going over our story (me and my wife) and asking questions about why we done the diet, how we felt etc etc. It was a very relaxed informal affair and has me now even closer to the edge of my seat. My wife and I have entered the award as a couple, we dieted together, shared everything so we entered jointly for slimmer of the year. well to lose 21 stone+ between us is no mean feat, we were there for each other and still are so thought it only right we enter as "one" Chris was blown away by our before and after pictures and seemed to like the story of our journey.
We have been told that 60 people have been shortlisted, this will then be taken down to 10 finalists on conference day and the winner gets taken to the Far East for a makeover and photo shoot next April..... ooooh I am so excited I so hope we do well

It has been 3 weeks since I saw my CDC and I have had a couple of large "naughty" meals but have been keeping up my running / marathon training. Well I got on her scales only to see that they were showing a loss of 2lb taking me down to 12 stone 5lb which is good, I had not had my dinner either so all in all that would probably have balanced back up to my steady 12.5 stone which I am happy to sit at.
As I said I continue to run, I am following a training plan and this varies distance and pace for example on Sunday coming I will be doing a 7 mile run at a speed of 10 Min's per mile but today (yes I have been out this morning at 5am!!) I done a warm up jog of 1 mile then 3 miles at 9 Min's per mile then a 1 mile warm down jog. that gave me a total of 5 miles today which blows out the cobwebs ready for another day at work.

Must dash now, The slimmer of the year final is being held on 1 December so not long to wait, I will keep you all posted
feel free to email me thebigdiet@hotmail.co.uk
best wishes Alan

No comments: